5 frame BS National Pine Nucleus
- Fully assembled Nucleus hive made from pine and plywood
- Ideal for attracting or collecting swarms or for splitting colonies
- Flat galvanized metal roof
- Metal frame runners
- Solid floor
- All external surfaces pre-treated with Danish Oil for weatherproofing
- Fits up to 5 BS National frames (not included)
6 frame BS National Nucleus Colony (feeder included)
- Lightweight high density polystyrene
- Collect swarms or for splitting your colonies
- New deeper roof so fondant can be used in the feeder as well as syrup
- Integrated varroa mesh floor
- Fit up to 6 BS National frames (not included)
What the bee counter can do:
- Counts every bee going out
- Counts every bee going in
- Know the bee mortality during the day and strength of the colony
- Data transmitted every 10 minutes
- Internal memory for 2 months
- Cloud archive for 5 years of data
- Communication by smartphone via Bluetooth
- Communication by external GSM module
- Free mobile app for both iPhone, Android
- Open air communication distance 100m, in real apiary environment from 5m to 50m
- Battery with solar panel charger included
- No additional fees
- Waterproof enclosure
- Web application for personal computers and export of data to MS Excel
Dummy board for use in a BS National 14 x 12 Brood box.
Use to close gaps in the brood box when the frames do not fit exactly thus preventing heat loss and the build up of brace comb.
Substitute a wax frame with a dummy board at the end of the brood box, then by removing the board first when inspecting the hive, you have more space to lift and inspect the rest of the frames with less risk of crushing or rolling bees on the frames.
- Made from Western Red Cedar this eke fits on top of your BS National Brood Box to allow the use of 14 x 12 frames.
- Two end pieces fit inside your National box to ensure the two parts are locked and there is no movement of the eke in high winds.
- Flat packed ready for assembly
- Nails and steel frame runners included